So how fast does the Taurus station wagon go? That would have to be the ultimate sleeper car.

It is pretty quick. But the fun part is -- it is nowhere near as quick as I let people believe. I don't ever race anybody -- I just show them the engine and let them draw their own conclusions, and they assume that it must be really fast. And when those secondary intake runners kick in under full throttle, it sounds really fast.

If I had to guess, I would estimate 0-60 mph in about seven seconds, top speed probably in the vicinity of 140 mph. I know that if I punch it on a freeway on-ramp, I can have have 95--100 mph by the time I need to merge into traffic and not even be in high gear yet. It is a very nice highway cruiser, getting 27 miles per gallon at a steady 75 MPH, and at that speed the engine is turning less than 2700 of it's maximum 7000 RPM.

Throw in the 1000-watt competition quality totally stealth stereo system... and yeah, it is the ultimate sleeper. I have wanted one of these cars for 10 years, and couldn't believe my luck when I found this one on the internet. There might be 10 of these in the whole world.

tanstaafl.

Attachments
119899-Fuji0010.JPG (175 downloads)