Unfortunately, the UI is sevearly deficient. I'm a keyboard shortcut guy. I never touch the mouse because it's simply too slow. Yet on a Mac, I am forced to use a mouse for everything.

Somewhere in system preferences (sorry, not at my Mac right now), is the ability to turn on a feature that gives about everything the ability to be activated via the keyboard. Command-Tab switches between programs just as Alt-Tab does in Windows, etc...

There still remains the fact that Mac is crippled. Mac users are happy with what they have because they don't realize the functionality that's been taken from them. How does iMovie compare to Premiere? Ok, I can make a home DVD in a few minutes on iMovie, but can I tweak all the whack video options that Premiere lets me? Options I can't even think of are in Premiere. Maybe I'll want to use them some day. They are there. Mac? They are gone.

iMovie is free. It comes with every copy of the OS sold. Premiere on the other hand is an expensive software package. And most new computer users will not spend $500 on a program, then who knows how much more for proper training to take advantage of all those wiz bang features Premiere has over iMovie, when all they want is some basic transitions, titles, and easy editing. If they do, they can buy Premiere on the Mac, or buy Final Cut Pro.

Windows offers Windows Movie Maker out of the box. It sucks. Checking my version here, I don't even have an Undo option, or the ability to save as a standard file type. Nor any transitions, or titling abilities.