Hehe, as far as my job, there are only 3 of us in the dept. Myself, another tech, and the web administrator, whom I'm marrying in 3 mos. The 3 of us are close friends, and our supervisor is the assistant director of another department. This actually works quite well, because since we are all close friends, we cover each other, pick up slack when needed, and have never ever had an instance of stabbing in the back. On the flip side, if something F's up, it's MY responsibility, which is fine, because it's my work. I don't mind taking crap for a boner I've pulled, just don't stick me for something someone else was responsible for. That's the bizaare thing, this office is actually more productive than ANY I've worked for. Oh, and there ARE days I have to work 12+ hours, but at least I make overtime.

On the downside, I make about 2/3 of what I would make in the private sector, minus the 10% hit going to retirement, minus the %10 more I funnel to deffered comp. But to me it's a fair trade. I have my life back.