I was trying to add up how many AOL CDs I get in a year. At my residence, I get approximately one a week or 50 a year. My fraternity house has 20 people living there. In the 3 years I lived in the house, I received an AOL CD every week. I can only imagine that everybody else received the same. What [censored] moron decided it was a good idea to send 1000 (ONE THOUSAND) CDs to 1 (ONE) house?

Do they think that after receiving the 997th CD, we will suddenly change our minds? Oh wait, I really want AOL after all! In the three years I lived in the house, 3000 AOL CDs arrived in our mailbox. This is in addition to the fact that their CDs are in every store, every internet download site, and preinstalled on every computer. Is it any wonder they lost 99 billion last year?

And speaking of store-built computers, why would anybody buy a Hewlett Packard? I ended up being the computer repairman in our fraternity house. In the space of one week, all 3 Hewlett Packards had their hard drives fail. They were different makes and models from different batches. Since then, there have been 2 more hard drive failures; none of them were installed with fans. One had a power supply that was so weak it was not able to reliably boot up every time until I disconnected one of the CD drives. They put a 135 watt power supply in a pentium 1600. How much does it cost to buy a danged fan and a bigger power supply? Of course, they used a proprietary motherboard with its own power connector, so I couldn't replace it. Two of the HP computers are having their monitors fail now and both of these computers had to have their network cards replaced. Somehow, these computers have data corruption requiring Windows to be completely reinstalled every couple of months. Unfortunately, they don't even give a full Windows installation disk and if you want to call technical support, they want a cash payment.

My hands and forearms are covered with nasty scars from the sharp edges inside their computer cases. That is, of course, when I can puzzle out all the hidden latches. Is there a reason people still buy these clunkers?

-Biscuits