I still can't see any benefits for fossi's idea - the volboost_ parameters are relative to the current volume which makes sense to me from the user perspective. The whole motivation for the volboost_ code is to eliminate users' needs to adjust the volume when switching between MP3,FM,AM and Aux modes, and storing absolute values for each would simpy reintroduce that in many cases. People listen to their empegs at different volumes depending upon differing circumstances - time of day, speed, mood, number of passengers etc, and absolute volumes would soon become a maintenance chore.

Yeah, it would be nice to have the volboost_ parameters in flash rather than in config.ini. But that goes for a lot of other parameters too. I don't think that tweaking the volboost_ parameters should be too difficult or time consuming, although being tunerless myself, I'll defer to someone that has actually done it to confirm or deny that statement. Once it has been done well, it's not something that is likely to change often. In principle, knowing that each volboost_ step is 0.5dB for most of the usable volume range of the empeg means that you could sit in your car for five minutes, note down the adjustments that you make to the volume for each mode, and use those figures as a start point.

I'm not sure whether hijack has any obvious visibility into TA mode switches anyway. But if it does then I'd suggest that a volboost_ parameter could be added for TA mode. (And also for WB mode when the player supports it)

And I can't see any other reason to hijack the volume control completely away from the player either.