That being said, I still think the battle could be won. OK, I agree, Empeg is a pretty small company without large financial resources, so I accept the argument that they can't afford to risk being the test case.

I also think the battle could probably be won. Catch 22 is that it would cost millions (possibly more than total empeg's capital), and if lost, the company is dead. Besides, I am not sure how investors would look at that, and all this because of a feature far from the main empeg's purpose and (relatively) easily achievable without involment on empeg's side

You know, their is Croatian saying difficult to traslate given this censoring software and my limited English, but here it is: It easy to beat [stinging weed - nettle?] with other guy's member.

From a "features" point of view, I understand that you make audio equipment and not storage devices, but it's not as if the feature would require any engineering changes or even many software changes. I'm not an expert in the field, but from my limited knowledge it seems that it woudl be pretty trivial to add the functionality.

The point was that empeg is not storage device, so the argument that other storage device manufacturers don't attempt any anti-piracy measures does not apply. And yes, as you can see from the discussion, a solution with materialize in a month or two...

There is really no need for heated discussions here (we had, let me see, about GPL, in-car visuals, copying, a slight recent one about UI features... anything else?). It is easy to resolve things with guys@empeg nicely.

Cheers!

Dragi "Bonzi" Raos
Zagreb, Croatia
Q#5196, MkII#80000376, 18GB green
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue