You almost get a perfect black screen with the new 2K DLP DMD Processor.
True, and it's a plus, but I've never had a problem with the quality of color in a film projector.
You don't get degradation like in film.
What sort of degradation? All the prints come stright from the studio. There's no copying beyond the mastering that would also be required for a digital ``print''.

Oh, wait. You probably mean scratches and whatnot. I suppose that's true. It'd be nice if folks just took better care of their equipment.
No more jittering or other film movements to mess up synchronization with audio(that is why audio goes stereo at times).
I've never seen an audio sync problem (besides between splices). Digital tracks or sync marks directly on the film took care of that many years ago. But you'll still have the same problem with jitter (of a different sort) as it'll still be a huge screen at 24fps.
You get an infinitely clearer picture.
Define clear. My impression is that that's untrue.
The image fills the entire screen without being blurry on any of the edges.
This is true, too, but I'm not sure that I trust this will continue to be the case if and when the projectors become more prevalent and don't have people handholding them constantly -- that is, when they have the same disrepair that film projectors have now. Also, I don't think that this really has that much to do with digital-ness as it has to do with the projection method. It could be ``retrofitted'' to film.
Also with the new 2K DLP DMD Processor you can get an image up to 1080x2048 pixels which means it will fit on screens up to 80ft wide.
As someone else pointed out (or tried to), 80ft divided by 2048 pixels equals half inch pixels. Since it is likely to be sharper, you're going to see those pixels. I know I do when I see digitally projected movies. Of course, with disrepair, that may be ``solved''. It's also, I think, important to note that that the resolultion of 1080i HDTV is 1080x1440, which means that it's the same resolution as the digital projector, except not as (potentially) wide. I don't honestly know if they'll be using some sort of inverse anamorphic projection to always use most of those pixels. It'd make sense, since most movies are still significantly narrower than 2:1. Nor do I know if they plan to use traditional(-ish) anamorpich projections for those movies wider than 2:1.

You fail to mention that the supposed big advantage is really for the theaters, who won't have to cart around hundreds of pounds worth of film.