I also think that some of your negative experiences with film projection may be due to differences in operators. Some projectionists are just awful. They crop films incorrectly among other attrocities. Perhaps digital would fix some of that, but probably not.

Like Bitt was getting at, when there are so few digital projectors out there, you're going to see one that has had a lot of attention put into it. What happens when it goes national and there's 25 of them in every multiplex? I have a feeling it will have different, but an equal number of problems.

Bitt, I'm not sure when that article was printed. When was it? The last I heard of his opinion on the matter was from his Answer Man column about 2 months ago. There was an ongoing thread about the subject, and he still didn't seem very positive about it. At the very least he was still upholding the MaxiVision (which I would love to see as well).

I definitely agree, however, that "digital" has become a "buzz word." That seems to be a real seller today.

Also some, if not most, movies shot with digicams look terrible unless they're done very well. I wish they'd stop using them just for the sake of using them.