Yeah, I always do my HTML by hand (as evidenced by my empeg pages, etc.) but for a resume, when 90% of employers want it in Word format, I don't want to deal with maintaining two separate copies (one in hand-written HTML, one in Word.) So for the online copy of my resume, I'm just going to use Word's HTML export.

The lowercase W's are supposed to be bullets, and I'm guessing you don't have the font that the bullets are written in.

Yeah I'm not so certain about including my empeg work either, but I wanted to stress that I do stuff other than what my 9-5 job lets me do. Especially since all of my Linux knowledge comes from outside of work (we're evaluating Linux to replace Solaris, but it's a clandestine project that I don't get to work on.) I didn't think about the negative effect of GPL, but now that you mention it, I see where you're coming from.

Edit: Hmm. The bullet seems to just be in Verdana, which is what the rest of the doc is written in. That's probably a very Microsoft-specific font or something. I just tried viewing it in Netscape 7.02 on Windows, and it looks fine, but on Mozilla 1.01 on my Linux box, I see the very same "w" bullets. Hmm...