Really well, thanks

Oh, so funny.

It is an oddity, but I am one of the people who probably uses only 20 percent of the software power of the Empeg. I spend most of my time on Shuffle/Random (and loving it!!).

It is then maybe an injustice then that I have a CD in my bag of the v3 alpha just by the accident of being able to go to Amersfoort. I will go home and install it and run shuffle (and who knows maybe re-install v2 when I become tired of the new random shutdown feature).

But this is not what the new alpha means to me. Since February I have been ripping new CDs in Ogg on speculation. I had no right to expect that The Guys would deliver new functionality including Ogg, I only had an optimistic hope. I could only wait and hope, and, frankly, I became a little chagrined when the occasional visitor would ask "So where's the Ogg???". To me, all Empeg improvements are now pure gravy.

Soooooo, when I get a CD that has v3 alpha, it doesn't translate into "look what I have today". It translates into "Wow, The Guys are still at work." --- events have conspired to let The Guys keep banging away at all of this, which is very, very cool. Everything I heard in the Netherlands sounded very positive for the old "Success Toujours" thing. I look forward to v3 Beta and to being the first guy in my block to own a 40GB iPod beater!

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.