Actually, no-one who attended the meet had access to the software that Rob brought with him. It was a special build for the meet.

Some people drove across several borders, (e.g. Michal 1,200 km, and Mike Tempsch came from Sweden), with many coming from Germany, France, England, Scotland, Belgium. There were only a few who were in "Just the right place at the right time" - in fact, I'd be tempted to say that I, as the organiser, who knew what was coming in advance, was the only one. The rest made the effort to come. Everyone was warned the event was on, and as soon as I knew something special was happening, I posted it on the board. In the week between me posting that and the event, I had 3 more people sign on for the event.

I will confess that I am pretty annoyed with the unreasonable grumpiness of your posting. You had the opportunity to come, you didn't. I arranged special events for the participants to make sure they had a good time when they came here - you didn't come, so why should you feel a need to moan?

The reason you may have to wait months for the Beta of this software is:

- not all the alpha bugs have been reported
- the empeg team are busy with their paid duties which come first
- Rob is being understandably cautious (in your favour) to ensure that you don't loose the contents of your disks, say, due to some unprecedented bug which has not appeared before now. And yes, before you ask, the alpha team has seen this happen in the past. Would you prefer that a copy of this is given out to an uncontrolled distribution group? I am willing to bet that in the event you got bitten, you would be one of the first to jump up and scream publically about "c*** software"!

Finally, I regard your post here as "Rude", too, matey. The work done on this software is done without pay, in personal time, by a group of people who basically like doing this. If earning a crust for some reason gets in the way, who are you to complain about "delays"?
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015