did you ever get your master sheets from Crutchfield? What did you think of them?

They were good as far as they went, but they really only covered the areas that would be dismantled in a normal, sane installation. I was hoping for information on how to completely remove the dashboard assembly, how to work around the airbags without getting killed, how to remove interior trim panels that were in no way associated with the factory speakers but will have to come out for the setup I am planning.

In other words, I could see exactly how the original factory system was put in, buy my installation is going to go so far beyond that that I still need a lot more help. Fortunately my stereo installer has seen a lot of car interiors come apart and has pretty good instincts about how things work.

I've gathered up just about everything I need for the installation now (amplifiers; equalizer; all the speakers except the five MB-quart midrange which are on order; the internal modules for the amplifiers (crossovers and remote volume controls); the large interior trim panel which will be the basis for the custom sub box; the fiberglas cloth and epoxy resin to build the box; the 1/4" aluminum plate to build the amplifier rack; oops... I need to get the L-pads and the cooling fan too.) Check your email -- I've sent you an updated drawing.

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"