No, not in the UI. I mean behind the scenes.

There are different ways you could do this. Let's start with the premise that someone has taken and cranked the lowest bass frequency to the max, and then cranked the volume to 30. This would normally clip the DSP.

One way to do it would be to leave the EQ as the user set it, and simply lower the output gain of the DSP overall to prevent clipping. I'll bet that's what it does, or something like it.

Another way would be as you suggest, lower the other bands. Except that wouldn't work because each band is a curve, there is not a straight line between the bands. Lowering all the bands would mean the EQ curve would look like a wavy sea instead of a flat line with the one band peaking.

Plus, the EQ has the ability to be parametric, so lowering the other bands might do nothing, or they do too much.

The only reason I'm assuming the Karma even does this is because I remember a bugfix item on the list during the alpha phase saying something like "Prevent clipping when EQ setting maxed". I have no idea how this was implemented, I'm just guessing.