May I suggest a special exception to your valid CAPITAL LETTERS logic for the "/dev/null" response?

Not only that one, but also for the ping. I am still thinking about that. I agree completely - it looks strange, but I am worried about the readability of lower case. I sent in an updated correction sheet to them, so they should draft that in the next revision. They told me I can do as many checks / proofs as I need until I get it the way I want it. As it should be...

How much room do 1,000+ magic 8 balls take up?

I hope that the general appeal might be enough to get rid of them. It might take some time, but I can be patient (to a reasonable extent, anyway).

As to the space, already slightly estimated. Given a 4" diameter sphere, packed 10 x 10 x 10 in a box, you would get a box approximately 40" x 40" x 40". Assuming some overhead (20%) for packing, 8" per dimension, that is still a 4' x 4' x 4' cube. The weight is probably a greater issue than the dimensions. I can ask them to partial ship, or to break the shipment up a bit.

There was someone (I will look it up if this actually is possible) who wanted a bunch of them for a kickoff meeting in the UK around mid-April. If there is a chance of getting enough of them in on time, I will try to make that happen. No certainty or promises of anything at this point.