From Gizmodo:

Leaked information on the website of an online retailer has revealed more information about Rio's upcoming hard disk-based player, the Rio Chroma. While most of the data we already knew, such as the onboard SD-card expansion slot (although it's listed as SDIO in the specs, which might mean possible peripherals, such as Wi-Fi cards could conceivably be added), there are at least three confirmed bits of information that are very interesting. The first is that the Chroma will indeed come in a 20GB version (I had been betting on a 40GB version). The second is the price: listed at $390, but "on sale" for $319. And the final bit of info is just a little more information on the screen, which is listed as "16-bit," which can be read as a 65k-color screen.

Original speculation had put the Rio Chroma release date as next Spring. Should we expect it sooner? Bear in mind this information is not from Rio itself and could be inaccurate.

Still, can we get a picture, Rio?

I'll post the Technical Details information after the jump in case it is pulled. (Thanks, Aaron!)

· 20 GB BUILT-IN MEMORY STORES UP TO 330 HRS OF MP3 OR 660 HRS OF WMA
· PLAYS MP3, WMA, FLAC, OGG VORBIS, AUDIBLE® & WAV FORMATS
· 16 BIT COLOR SCREEN
· VIEW ALBUM COVER ART & PHOTOS
· VOICE RECORD
· SDIO EXPANSION SLOT ALLOWS TRANSFER OF PHOTOS FROM A DIGITAL CAMERA
· DRAG & DROP OF MUSIC & DATA FILES
· 12-HR RECHARGEABLE BATTERY
· 5-BAND ADJUSTABLE EQUALIZER WITH PRESETS
· COMPATIBLE WITH WINDOWS® 98SE, 2000, ME, XP
· INCLUDES DOCKING CRADLE, REMOTE CONTROL, CARRYING CASE, EARBUDS, USB CABLE, INSTALLATION DISC, QUICK-START GUIDE & WARRANTY

Matthew