Quote:
Quote:
I do believe we should have gone into Iraq.
Why? And do you acknowledge any downside?
The short version: because Saddam was a terrible and dangerous dictator who was responsible for horrific human rights violations and would at some point be a huge threat to us if remained uncheck. There's a lot to be said about this and I think we've had the discussion before, but in the end I do think it was the right thing to do. I do see that we've paid (and are continuing to pay) a massive price for this war and history may indeed prove that it was the wrong move.
Quote:
What does the fish say? It says "You can trust me, I'm a Christian!"
Actually I believe the intention is to say, “I'm showing the world that I have faith in Christ”. While there are some fields where people market their faith as a reason to choose their services (psychologists for example), this is usually because it’s a field in which the philosophical framework is important to the job. An example is that my wife is undergoing a fairly traumatic surgery and had to have a psych evaluation. The psychologist she met with told her she should probably spend a few more sessions with a psychologist to help deal with the trauma, however she should probably go to a Christian counselor because her faith is so important to her. So in that case you have a business that caters specifically to Christians. However, I wouldn't choose a plumber based on the fact he has a fish on his card, though I appreciate the statement of faith. But I've never gotten the sense that I was supposed to use someone's services because of a religious symbol on his or her card.

As far as the "God wants me to be president," quote, I wouldn't make too much of this. It's a statement very consistent with his faith. Pretty much everything I do I pray about and seek the Lord's guidance on. If I take a new job or buy a new car, I don't do it unless I feel like it's something God wants me to do. I realize that doesn't translate well into secular culture very well, but ever decision I make has consequences, spiritual as well as physical even for little things as to how much to spend at the grocery store this month ("is this going to bring undue burden on our finances and cause difficulties in my marriage- a very spiritual union?"). For Bush to say he believes God wants him to be president is almost a non-statement. If he is a believer and is running for president it goes without saying that he believes it's what God wants. When I've read this statement it's been in the context of talking to other believers to assure them of his motives: "I want you to know that I've sought the Lord about this and am not just pursuing my own goals" not proclaiming that a vote against him is a vote against God.