OMG, how many times have I heard that?

I have a buddy that said that 2 years ago when the empeg was still in concept, and just about ready to ship. He is a technical genius, and actually spent a few weeks developing software for his car mp3 player that he was going to "build for cheaper." So he strapped everything in his car, never finished the software, used someone else's software from the web, spent like $700 on parts, and there was no screen. You know, the old P-75 motherboard and chip, inverter, runs off a floppy. He even purchased removable drive bays for “quick release and fill.” To play the music, you had to punch in a number between one and 2,000 to play the song you wanted.... that’s it. How can you remember what the song number was? He could have purchased an LCD screen to view the computer output, but then would need some kind of mouse, like a small tablet, the kind you can use with your finger.. I think they’re like $40, but the screen alone would have been a few hundred bux more, plus time to mount it, etc. After driving around for a week or so with it the setup, my empeg arrived….he checked it out…. and a week later he said, "my set up sucks!" and ripped it out of his car, and ended up purchasing an empeg.

So save yourself $700…

-CHiP