I'm using professional, so I am going to try to install "Routing and Remote Access".
>> Can you put the empeg on the home network hub , with a static IP? Why go for a seperate network card with cross-over cable?
I have got some old hardware in the attic, so I use a coaxial network and a 3com linkbuilder FMS coaxial repeater which has one aui port, where a single UTP-cable is connected and lead to the living room where my win2k machine is. I had the empeg connected before through a sun-workstation with two NIC's , but I replaced my linux PC-based firewall with another sun, which required me to rip one NIC out of the other sun. I also didn't want to run up and down to the attic for connecting the empeg. I know the easiest thing to do is get a UTP-hub to connect to the coax-hub, but I had some PCI NIC's lying around and I knew about the forwarding option from NT4.

>> I beleive that MS's opinion on the matter is that network routers should be using Win2k Server. If on a small network, then you should use ICS.
The same issue goes for NT4 though; forwarding is only possible on NT-workstation on ethernet-cards, you cannot enable ip-forwarding when using a RAS device. After contact with microsoft-support, they suggested to install NT-server. After some time we discovered it were some registry-entries which had to be modified to get it running on WS too...

Frank van Gestel