In reply to:

PDP11 P/OS? Wow! That brings back nightmares!!! My college was one of the first schools to require that all students buy computers. That was the one. The "Pro 350". Flashbacks...

Yeah, RSX-11M+ running on PDP-11/23 chip, with bus more heavily multiplexed than Q-bus, two 400kB floppies on the same spindle (media had to be purchased preformatted if you didn't have access to formatting utility on 'regular' PDP) and optional 10M full-hight 5" disk drive only marginally faster... I remember that building a ten-line FORTRAN program took several minutes (the beast only ran 'regular' version of linker - task builder, not the fast one - and that was a monster of a piece of software, I'll tell you!). In my memory appearance of Professional series is linked with the beginnng of DEC's fall (and coffin was all but closed when they started changing Unix strategy twice a year or so...). R.I.P. (Compaq Alphas notwithstanding).

BTW, have you noticed the original LaserJet, granddaddy of all desktop laser printers!? This guy really has nice collection in that attic of his!

Cheers!

Dragi "Bonzi" Raos
Zagreb, Croatia
Q#5196, MkII#80000376, 18GB green

Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue