In reply to:

Well, it's one of the later models; when I've got time I'm gonna try to get unix v5,6 or 7 running on the thing. It's mainly switched off ( I only know a handfull of P/OS commands). It's just an interesting piece of hardware and my former superiors were going to destroy it...

So, you don't have that famous 'orange wall', as meter upon meter of DEC documentation was often referred to? (Actually, I think that Pro350 came with mere 8 or 9 thick 3-ring binders, and they were not even orange, but grayish-brown :-)

BTW, Ken Olsen (ex-CEO and, I think, co-founder of DEC) once commented on that orange wall of VAX/VMS docummentation and comapred it to 'this little booklet that describes this toy OS, UNIX'. I think this attitude is one of main reasons there is no such thing as Digital Equipment Corporation any more.

BTW, you surely have a lot of nice toys! I am thinking of rescuing a couple of old SUNs myself and use them as more or less single-purpose Linux boxes at home (router, web and mail server...)

Cheers!

Dragi "Bonzi" Raos
Zagreb, Croatia
Q#5196, MkII#80000376, 18GB green

Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue