Quote:
unless they know something we don't

They, D&M, knows that the DIN format is dying, if not all ready dead. I don't know what iRiver is thinking making a (potentially) DIN, in-dash player. Like we've all said a hundred times, someone needs to make a rock solid interface between portables and the factory stereo. ie: bluetooth on the portable talking to a box in the trunk that's wired into the factory system and uses an elegant remote display (bluetooth?) which can be mounted anywhere.

I'm with SuperQ. With the sheer mind power we have in this community, why don't we make like Hugo and create the MKIII? Maybe score some funding (investment capital? personal funds?) to pay Patrick create his design or something like I mentioned above (more practical in todays cars, I think). And the coding ability we have here? Between the lot of the programmers, they've probably recreated most of the empeg software itself. And marketing? We could start at the source; deep within the geek community like we are. Get a foot hold, spread the word, then try to get the attention of the car manufacturers.

Granted, we can't create 700,000 a month, but if we create a Karma/iPod/Nomad-native non-dashboard interface, and someone like Ford Motor Company takes notice, ha, then we can let the big boys take care of the big numbers.

I know I'm all talk, but an idea like this really gets me fired up.