Quote:
Matt Chaimberlain, is one of the best rock drummers I've seen, and he has to play on crap like this.

That's the beauty of it though. Like I decided as I was going into college, "The artists come and go, but the people who make the music (studio musicians and engineers) are the ones who stay." I wanted to go to school for recording engineering, or at least get into it after college. But experiences with sound techs during college made me realize it wasn't for me; too much drudgery and not enough artistry.

But yeah, the lie and inflation of "artists" has been going on forever. I lived near the guy who wrote songs for Elvis. And did you ever read about how you'd have to get the name Count Basie or Duke Ellington as a "co-author" of your composition in order for it to sell? Heck, I've even read that guys like Mozart and Haydn were "silent partner co-authors" on some lesser composers' creations in order to get them published or played in church. Sorry, I don't have the references off hand.