I just posted a message here on a general forum; enough people answered to make me think it was interesting to do (I've done this before with car club meetings), and Rob then allowed me to post in the Announcements forum, and backed me up by mailing everyone in the sales database in Europe.

I made a few signs and prepared a few bits for the day. The event itself was just held in the carpark of a local hotel - they provided the coffee (and seats when it rained) and we had a few little competitions for prizes. Rob and Roger came along and handed out tee-shirts; we all got to see an early preview of V1.1. Finally, we all tanked off for a chinese and a few beers.

In all, a thoroughly enjoyable day (shame about the weather) and I shall be organising another, more ambitious one at the end of March when the temperature climbs above the current -6 C we're getting at the moment. Look out for driving tests and local sponsorship from a car audio place down the road, with a "Master Blaster" competition!

Try it! You don't have to be too ambitious, and if it's a success you can do another one. You may even surprise yourself at how easy and fun it is!

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015