Quote:
And anything I said supportive of Bush here, well we know how that went.

Are you quite sure you are being fair here? Much as I and many people here dislike Bush, I don't think out negative assessments were not argued reasonably well.

In my own country, I freely admit that our current prime minister is doing his job very well and is probably the most competent politician we have, despite being from the same party as out first president, who was almost as bad as Bush, and whose party is ideologically almost diametrically opposite to my own standing.

Quote:
And I should note further that this isn’t just limited to politics. Yes it’s easy to lament people who live out lives from a misguided, uneducated political perspective, but I lament even more those who aren’t addressing the spiritual issues. I see faith as being far more important than politics, and far more glossed over by those who get irritated by others glossing over politics.

With all due respect, Jeff, for me the term 'spiritual issues' has no meaning. Your faith is between you and your God. I have no right to judge your perception of it, but I see no reason to follow your example here. I understand that you might be compelled to try and change my 'spiritual situation', and don't resent it. However, my 'godlessness', as Bitt put it, harms nobody (except perhaps myself, as you might think). Hordes of unthinking followers of whoever happens to fill they need for The Leader harms everybody and everything.

Quote:
Critical thinking and correct political ideas don’t mean anything to a starving person who’s being fed in a soup kitchen- lived out compassion and love does.

Critical thinking and good political ideas might lower the number of people needing soup kitchens. Feeding the hungry while helping making their numbers swell only falsely calms one's conscience.
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue