The HP Proliant lines switched to Broadcom for onboard gigabit NICs due to the issues we saw with the Intel gigabit PCI cards we sold for a short time. Though, the first server to ship gigabit had a nasty box locking bug under Linux. It used hyperthreading processors, so SMP was on most of the time. It seems the tg3 module (broadcom open source driver) had some SMP related issues. Thankfully day 1 a workaround existed to just use the bcm5700 module instead. tg3 has since been fixed as well.

And no Proliant has ever used an Intel video solution, so I can't comment much. Ancient boxes used Cirus chips, new ones use ATI chips.

Oh, Proliants abandoned Intel chipsets for the most part as well in favor of ServerWorks ones. Or in the 8 way systems, the Profusion chipset, designed by Compaq to fix the Intel 8 way issue of not working.

On the Opeteron side, the systems I have poked at seem to be using AMD chipsets. I'm hoping the design gets expanded, as the AMD boxes we ship lack neet redundancy features like hot plug PCI, RAID 1 or 5 memory and such.