My car is an MGB Roadster...However, the car has a monster V8 engine in it

Never mind the damn stereo -- tell us about the car!

An MGB with a V-8 is pretty special. Are you running that 3.5 liter Aluminum Buick V-8 that Rover used for years? Or some other V-8?

Is the engine tweaked at all?

Are you using the MG transmission and differential, or are they upgraded as well?

What have you done about supension, wheels, and brakes to handle the extra power and weight?

Is the car as fun to drive as it sounds like it would be?

Is it a "stealth" installation, that is, does it look like a perfectly harmless, quarter-century-old MG from the outside?

tanstaafl.

ps: I slightly disagree with Tony's priorities listed below in a later post: Make the subwoofer a very high priority. In terms of sound quality, it is an absolute must-have. Don't think that subwoofers are only for people who like to make boom-boom-boom noises and annoy the neighbors two blocks away. Your standard speakers simply will not reproduce the lower frequency ranges in most music. My recommendation is a single 10" subwoofer. I like the 10's because they are not as boomy, as dark sounding as a 12" or larger, and they are more responsive in the upper registers giving you a very warm mid-range sound.

pps: I highly recommend Cambridge Car Audio to do your installation or offer advice. Dominic in particular has been a mainstay of this bbs, although we have not heard much from him lately, but there are a lot of posts on this bbs from people who have been highly satisfied with their work and their creativity.

ppps: Not to sound sexist or anything... but you might look up posts on the bbs by laura -- she's a drag racer who lives in California. Haven't heard much from her lately, either. Laura -- don't you love us any more?

t

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"