The car started out as a stock factory 1974 V8 MGB GT, loaded with the 3.5 Rover V8. In 1996 it was transferred into a new heritage Roadster shell. So all the transmission, suspension, etc. is just stock, as it was in the V8 GT. This is a much easier way of building a V8 Roadster than starting with a regular Roadster and cramming a V8 engine in! Of course, when it was rebuilt on the new shell, everything was renewed so it's basically a 4 year old car now.

Fortunately, the bloke who paid thousands to have this project done only completed a few thousand miles in the car before selling it to me. Lucky girl!

And yes, it _is_ as great to drive as you'd imagine! I've taken it on a few track days (Silverstone, Goodwood, Brands Hatch) and it really flies.

The wheels are shod with minilite alloys rather than the factory V8 wheels, which gives it a more modern look, but apart from that it loooks like a regular MGB. I've kept the bodywork free of V8 badging so that I can surprise people! I race grown men away from traffic lights and see the look on their faces when this 'little old car' does a 6-sec 0-60. ;)

Thanks for the advice on the sub. I will take it! I'm sure I can cram one in there somewhere! I reckon I'll also take a ride up to Cambridge Car Audio to test some stuff out.

Incidentally, has anyone actually collected their Empeg unit from Empeg in Cambridge? I hae waiting in all day for deliveries...