Hi All,

As a few people will know, my role's now changed at CCA, and I'm more involved with online sales than the installation side of things. As a result, I'm not getting anywhere near as much time to read BBS posts as I used to. Today's my day off though, and I just happened to catch the end of this thread in a daily archive mailing. To say I'm slightly annoyed is a bit of an understatement. Sally actually mailed me directly around Wednesday of last week, and I hadn't had the chance to reply before she called me, from what I can remember, Friday afternoon. A lot of the equipment she wanted to audition is either stuff we don't sell, or product we're just not geared up to demonstrate so, in the end, the best suggestion I could make was that she give Prestige a call, as I was fairly certain they were in a better position to assist than we were in this particular case. Judging by the mail Sally sent me later, it seems that this was indeed the case.

As I mentioned to Sally, I think it's important to be honest sometimes, and I'm quite happy to point someone in the direction of a company I know to have professional standards if I think they're in a better position to assist than we are, for whatever reason. At the end of the day, you can't possibly hope to get a sale from every single lead. I'm particularly annoyed though that in this case, the member of staff Sally spoke to didn't just do this, rather than giving bad, patronising or inaccurate information. I've actually just mailed Sally's post to our general manager - as a result, we'll be discussing the matter with the member of sales staff later this week, to ensure the same thing doesn't happen again in future. If anyone here does ever need assistance in future, if they do call us to find they get a similar response, then please, by all means ask to speak to me personally. If I'm not around at the time, then ask whoever you speak to to pass the message on, and I'll be more than happy to return the call.

Dominic

Cambridge Car Audio
http://www.cambscaraudio.co.uk