I don't know if it is/will be the worst day of the year, but it's been a bad day none the less. I'm at work minding my own business when the wife calls saying she slide into a snow bank. She can't get out. So I call AAA I'm on hold for a half hour and decided to forget this and decided to leave work to dig her car out myself. When I get to the spot, the car is gone. The city towed it. It was sitting there for no more than an hour. Like I said by the time I got there it had been towed.

I call the police department. I explained the situation and they said it was probably towed to such and such a place. So we bundle up (I'm in NH. We got 16" of snow the day before and the temp is around 10 degrees). Anyway, we get there, I talk to the cop and he said it will cost me $110 cash to get it back. I try to explain that I was going to dig the car out myself and by the time a got a shovel there the car was gone. He doesn't care. "It'll cost you $110 to get it back." Do you take credit cards I ask. No, cash only was the response.

I get back in my car, look for an ATM and drive back. I sit there for 20 minutes come to find out the car isn't there. That was a holding area for illegally parked cars only. The cop radios around for a few minutes and tells me that it is at another area across town. I told him that I was TOLD to come here! He response, "You should have explained your situation better." That really ticked me off. I had a few words and left.

I finally found the other holding area. This place tells me it will cost $130 because it was an "accident". Now I'm more ticked. The car wasn't even in the middle of the road. It was off to the side. "We only do what the police tell us" was the response. After waiting another 30 minutes I finally got the car, $130 poorer.

Now this wasn't the worst day, it was a bad day. Actually I guess if this is my worst day of the year I'm doing pretty good.