Quote:
Of course you can always say that my faith is just a placebo that produces results because it is the belief that is important, not the substance.

Of course

Quote:
One of the most immediate illustrations has been my wife’s physical battles [...] it was faith that told me it was my job to serve her no matter what the cost to myself; it was faith that told her to trust my judgment for the hard decisions, even when she disagreed.

As I see it, it was your heart that told you to give whatever you can to your wife, and she trusted you because you earned her trust. You are simply good and strong people.

Quote:
I realize that not being in my skin, there’s no way to really understand what this is and has been like.

True, but as you know, I never stop trying

Perhaps (in this respect) we do not differ that much: I say you are good and strong, you say faith or Christ gives you strength and will to do what you know is good; OTOH, perhaps I trivialize your convictions. See 'placebo' above

I wrote more here, but you have immesurably more important things on your mind now. I hope everything will turn out right with the surgery tomorrow. My regards to your brave wife.
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue