Quote:
I hope everything will turn out right with the surgery tomorrow. My regards to your brave wife.
Thanks for the well wishes. It did turn out well, and they think they've fixed the problem. We'll see. As it is she is now laid up in bed, but at home at least.

It was pretty funny actually. They told her she had to do three things before they'd let her go home: use the restroom, walk, and eat without getting nauseous. As soon as she opened her eyes after the surgery she asked for a ham sandwich, got out of bed and walked to the restroom, used it, came back, and ate the whole meal they brought. She was discharged within 45 minutes. I've never seen anything like it. I think she was just going on sheer determination that she wanted to be at home rather than in the hospital. The last time they did one of these, she had to stay overnight and a good portion of the next day. She is very strong indeed!