Quote:
Surely this is not all in response to the one 'memory error' thread?

I would certainly hope not. Even more, I hope that my original comments in that thread were not taken as an insult; I only wished to point out that a fairly new user was being dealt with, that he should be dealt with as such, and that it seemed (to me) he was being treated more harshly than the situation warranted.

I still believe what I said, but I think this situation, too, has gotten wildly out of hand, on all sides. I think it's pathetic that people have started calling Mark names.

Can everyone please just get a grip and put this all in perspective?

Mark: You have contributed amazing things to this community, and it has always seemed like people have made their appreciation clear. You were needlessly (IMO, and in the opinion of some others) hard on a user who asked for help. Big deal. And some users have insulted you. Again, big deal. Drakino didn't roll down the shutters and close the boards because d33zy was a prick, right? Please don't undo all the good you've done just because a few people have decided to call you names. If you insist though, I wish you the best, and it's been a pleasure, and thank you for all you did for the empeg community.

Those who called Mark names: How is calling someone names any better than being snippy in response for a request for help? Think about it, and think about what you have thanks to Mark.

I have to agree that this has been, in general, the best online community I've ever seen. But it has changed, even in the short time I've been around. Can we all just act like the adults we are and get over this, please?