Wow, I was going to comment on this thread when it was only at one page but I thought it would quickly die out once people realized it was just a bit of a mind teaser (the wheels have absolutely nothing to do with the answer).

If a plane crashed on the Canadian-US border, in which country would the survivors be burried?

Imagine a toy car, being held by your hand, with its wheels touching the surface of a motorized treadmill. Now imagine that treadmill moving as slowly or as fast as it can (or you want) in either direction (it doesn't matter). You can hold the car in one place, move it forward or move it backward. The force of your hand controlling the position of the car is analogous to an engine on a plane creating thrust. It moves independent of what its wheels or the treadmill are doing. It doesn't matter what color the car is, nor whether it has plastic bushings or bearings for its axles. That falls completely outside the simple scope of the original question.

I didn't read all the pages, but did anyone confirm if the plane was a private affair with an empeg installed?

Bruno