Quote:
Seems so simple to me that I can't believe there is this much debate going on.
[...]
If it was sitting on a convevor belt travelling the same speed as the skis/floats then it would be that much easier for the plane to take off as the skis/floats wouldn't have any drag

Again, people have interpreted this badly-worded question in two ways.
You are in the first group (i.e., you think the conveyer moves with the plane).

I think that EVERYONE who interprets the question in the way you do agrees with each other:
I.e., "the question is simple, there is no debate, the plane takes off, it is totally obvious, I know planes are driven forward by their engines and not their wheels, please don't waste my time."

It is for the other group of people that this question is even remotely interesting.

I.e., the people who believe the question is asking what happens if the conveyer moves against the plane. Those are the people who can get into debates about infinitely fast belts, wheel friction, etc.

If you are not in the second group then the question is so ridiculously obvious to everyone within about 5 seconds that there is no point even talking about it.
If you are in the second group, then you have to make various assumptions about whether or not this magical belt moving against the plane could somehow "hold back" the plane against the force of the plane's engine.

Some of the noise of this debate is due to the fact that not everyone is attempting to answer the same question!