Quote:
You know, I just have to say: either I have the best luck in the world with software or you guys all have the worst.

I concur. Adium is absolutely flawless for me. and I use the hell out of it for Jabber, AIM, ICQ, and MSN. I may have had one Adium crash in the entire time I've been using it. I even remember thinking to myself that the 0.xx versioning was a bit modest, and they should call the current releases 1.x. They're certainly more release quality than many of AOL's official clients have been.

As for Firefox, yes, I've had crashes, and yes, they're annoying when they happen. But I used to get as many or more browser crashes with IE on Windows, with Netscape on Solaris, with Safari on my Mac, and every single other browser I've ever used, with the possible exception of lynx and eLinks.

The 1.5 releases of Firefox are indeed a step backwards in stability, but in time, the bugs will get ironed out, as they will for Adium, assuming it actually does crash a lot (which I can't vouch for.) It might not come on the timetable that some would like, but it's better than having two legitimate commercial choices, both of which suck (as the browser situation was before Firefox.)