Quote:
Fake images of a full-surface screen ipod have been making the rounds for weeks. Gizmodo and Engadget both have what seems like dail coverage of them. The most interesting thing I've seen was a short video of the first guy doing the Photoshop edits to create the fake image.

Then, though I couldn't believe it was them, the horrible G4 program "Attack of the Show" showed that both the original image and the video recreating the image were their doing. For such a terrible show I was a little impressed that they got this out there.

As for storage, I'm pretty sure I saw a report that it would have 40 or 80GB. 40 is the minimum for a serious video device, IMO. The Archos AV340 I have at the moment has that much storage, and I wouldn't go any lower (that's one of the reasons I returned my 30GB AV500). If you want to store a large music collection and a good number of movies/TV shows, you need a ton of space. I wouldn't be suprised if they got some of the first perpendicular 1.8" drives for a product this big.

The downside to this device is that I assume it'll be physically larger than the current 5G iPod, though I don't know by how much.

I'm sure we'll find out next month. Does anyone know if Apple considers their anniversary to have a specific day of the month in April?