First off, congrats!

Secondly, having been an early (and continuing) fan[boy] of empeg, and an owner of 4 generations of iPod's, I have the following observation to offer...

The iPod is wildly successful because it LACKS many features. This is the success of Jobs and company. They turned the game around. Prior to the iPod, everyone was competing with how many features they could cram into a pocket sized player. What we ended up with was players with many external switches and ports, and very complicated and intimidating user interfaces, that took a lot of care and feeding. Players perfect for engineers and serious geeks, but completely useless to the average person.

The iPod changed all that. Everytime I use my iPod and I pine for some esoteric feature that I used to have on my empeg or rio500 or whatever, I remember that it's a feature I might only use once in a blue moon, and if I kept adding each one the day to day use of my iPod would soon be unmanagable.

Good luck Hugo, I am sure you'll kick ass and we'll all reap the fruits of your labor!

Cheers,
Ron