Quote:
Quote:
What the hell is with the "Power" button on the start menu sending the computer to sleep. I'm sure there's probably an option to make it behave as I expect (i.e *really* turn the computer off), but why it doesn't do that as standard, well I don't know!

Yeah, you can change that in the power options, but it's still stupid. I'd rather save more power by shutting down my system every night than put my computer to sleep.

More specifically, to change that in the power options, you must go into the advanced power options for your current power profile. It's under control panel, power options, Change Plan Settings, Change Advanced power settings, power options, advanced settings, power button and lid, start menu power button.

What I find most ironic is that if you rightclick on that startmenu powerbutton and select "Properties", it does not give you the option to change its properties (instead it takes you to the startmenu property sheet, which doesn't have behaviors for the startmenu powerbutton). Hmph.