* FWD / RWD / 4WD / AWD- Don't Care
* Convertible / Coupe- would LIKE a convertible, but I'm undecided
* Stick / PaddleShift / Automatic / CVT- Automatic
* HighHorsepower / HighRPMs / LowEndTorque / Turbocharger / Supercharger- Exact specs aren't important, but I want to have some oomph.
* 2-seater / 4-seater / CanCarryGolfClubs- 2 or 4 is fine, but I'd prefer a 2 door.
* Heavy / Light- don't care
* HeatedSeats / otherLuxuryStuff- Nice to have, not critical.
* SideCurtainAirBags / otherSafetyStuff- don't care, but my wife does.
* American / German / Japanese- don't care.
* under-$30K / $30-40K / $40-50K / $50-60K / $60K-70K / $70K+ Must be under $35K and would prefer under $30K
* SportsCar / GTCar / HighwayCruiser- as long as it is "fun".

My ranking:
Aux in for my Karma
Acceleration
Handling
Lines of the car (how it looks to YOU)
Comfort
Price
DepreciatingDoodads-in-the-dashboard (GPSNav/bluetooth/Ipod)
Maintenance costs (I.e., wide Z-rated tires aren't cheap and # don't last)
Safety
Economy
Resale value
Image of the car (how it looks to OTHERS)

Quote:
So maybe you should get a Infiniti G35
This is what my wife wants me to get- used, obviously, since I can't afford to get one new.

Quote:
the plastic interior is Empeg-proof
I'm pretty much Karma-only these days. The empg is about to be retired to a shelf in my house. However, this makes Aux in a HUGLY imporant thing for me.

Quote:
You mentioned that you like Mustangs. Of course you might now be getting a little too old to be "that kid with the Mustang" and yet still be a little too young to be "that mid-life crisis guy with the Mustang."
I'm ok with being either of these guys- it's a fun car to drive

Quote:
But you might have some issues with lugging your guitar amp around (bring one to the dealer and see if you can jam it in the trunk).
Well, I don't gig anymore since moving to Atlanta , but if I ever DO need to lug equipment around we always have my wife's Escape (which I still think is an awesome car, and actually what I've been driving to work as of late).

Quote:
2.5 hours!?
OK, never mind. Buy a Prius or a Hybrid.
- heh, well this commute (1hr 15 min) is temporary and does not require me to play rent- I assume that my normal commute will be around 45 minutes (1.5 hours total) once we get to our final destination. The upside is that I have more money to spend on gas so having a nice drive is more important than economy.

Edited by JeffS (22/02/2007 01:23)