It sounds like your pretty willing to go for a new Mustang, so thats probably a good sign that it would be something you would enjoy again. I'm still having fun in mine, and have been looking into the local Mustang clubs now to further appreciate the car.

As far as your budget, a fully loaded GT looks to go a bit over 35k, but thats with nearly every option, including the navigation, interior upgrades and so on. So keeping it in 30k-35k should be easy. Also, I can get you an X-Plan PIN to save you some money on it, I used that for mine last year so I should have 2 new ones for this year.

If you can wait a bit for the car, I'd highly recommend ordering one. It's a great experience being able to pick up the car new with single digit readings on the odometer, and having every exact feature, interior layout and color choices match what you want. It takes about 2 months to be built and delivered, assuming the dealer puts it in at a good priority.

If you can wait more then 2 months, I believe the 2008 order banks will open up for the Mustang in April, and a few new options are being added. HID lights, some sort of new interior lighting package, and some new colors, including possibly grabber blue. Though they probably won't start building till late May at the earliest, meaning a late July timeframe.