Quote:
it does seem pretty nice.

Suppose for example I had an N95 and a friend had one too, and we were going to meet for coffee somewhere. Could I easily sit at an outside table of the coffee shop and SMS him my position? He can then in a click or two view that on a map and work a route from where he is standing?

My E61 has some Nokia GPS Software on it (Position, Trip, Navigator, Landmarks, Sports Tracker, Tomtom etc) which I use with my Bluetooth GPS. But the only way I can find of sending my position is by saving it as a Landmark first and then sending that as an MMS message. This is overcomplicated (SMS should be enough), fiddly, and uncool. Is it better on the N95? It should work as well as sending and receiving contacts and calendar entries by SMS (i.e. seamless).

EDIT: To be clear, does it have entries in the Msg. application like "Insert > Position > Current | Landmark" or in the Position application "Send > Text Message". Does it automatically recognise co-ordinates in a text message or email as well, and offer to show it on the map and then plan a route there - the same way it recognises phone numbers and email addresses in messages?

Edited by sein (18/04/2007 04:33)