Quote:
I looked again and realized why: Based on reading their web site, they seem to require you to subscribe to multiple different adblock subscription lists, and to do some kind of thinking and deciding which of the subscription lists are right for you, and they warn you against subscribing to too many (meaning I can't just subscribe to all of them so I don't have to think about it).

With adblock and filterset.g, I never have to think about it, never have to manage multiple subscriptions, and it Just Works.

Ummm....

You don't want to use AdBlock Plus because it requires that you subscribe to a list. Instead, you use Adblock and subscribe to a list. I'm not really sure how that's different, other than the UI for subscribing in AB+ is built into the AB+ UI, and it keeps subscription filters totally separate from each other and from ones you define yourself.

Personally, I subscribe to "EasyList (USA)" and almost never see an ad. And most of the other choices are just for other languages.

Also, (and it's possible that this has been added to regular AdBlock), the UI makes it far easier to see what things have been blocked by what rules.