i'm giving Firefox 3.6beta-something a try in Mac OS 10.6.2. There's a lot to like about the newer versions, including the much faster startup speeds. Unfortunately it still looks like turd compared to Safari. Which I'm hoping I can change.

I'd rather not use a third-party theme since they all invariably screw something up. The default theme, Firelight, seems to be the best overall, but I'd really like to lighten up a few of its background images. Can anyone tell me how I can accomplish this? Basically I just need a pointer to where the graphic files are located or how to access them if they're packaged somewhere.

I'm going to give it an honest shot by checking out a lot of the plugins mentioned in this thread - at least the ones I thought sounded interesting when you guys mentioned them.

I gave Firebug a quick spin a little while ago and.... Wow. I didn't know what I was missing. I love the interactivity, it's even better than the X-Ray mode of CSS-Edit in many ways. This could be a real time and hair saver when working on pages.

Does anyone know if there's a plugin to move the Find bar to the top of the window instead of at the bottom where it is now?

Thankfully, my favorite password manager, 1Password works just as well in Firefox as it does in Safari. I think it would be a complete non-starter for me if it didn't.