Oh wait, actually its not stalk_side=rhs, its stalk_side=right. It should work though, it was set using Emplode. I've attached my config.ini anyway just in case I have anything weird going on. Will suppress_notify=1 suppress the debug messages? Is stalk_debug and trace_tuner the same wrt to the stalk debug output? Mark, is it possible to have the stalk debug output to the screen? Either on the 'view button codes' or a new 'view stalk codes' section of Hijack. Taking my laptop and dodgy USB-Serial cable over to the car is a lot of faffing around.

Well, the saga continues. I was in the car late last night taking things apart (again) and found some important facts. The Up and Down arrows on the wheel gave me "Stalk: in=02 00 ff ff == no button" on the serial port and with my multimeter I found that these are actually shifted buttons (i.e. they show continuity between the middle ring (B) and the ring closest to the plug (A) as well as a resistance value between the tip (C) and A.

On discovering this I got all excited and thought somewhere along the line on the Tuner side C and B have been swapped over - this would explain everything!

I salvaged a 3.5mm stereo plug and lead and socket and lead from a box of stuff and set about stripping the leads back - I twisted the cables together according to my theory... and it still didn't work (no serial output).

Feels like I'm getting closer to getting it working though. Going to pop over to my local friendly car stereo shop in a minute to see whether they have an RM-X2S or RM-X4S lying around that they can lend me. That should help me figure out whats going on.

Attachments
config.ini (279 downloads)
Description: My config.ini