Originally Posted By: Dignan

The weird thing is that some users have reported being able to plug multiple devices into the WRT54G in bridge mode, while others were only able to plug in one (which is technically how it should work, I guess). I'll know either way in a few minutes, when I plug in my devices downstairs. I'll let you know.

*edit*
Well, it doesn't appear to be working in my setup. The wireless transmission speed isn't very good either.

If you are *sure* that it is not working, then that would be the fault of the DHCP server in the airport, not handling the DHCP-relay requests from the DD-WRT.

But you can still use things, if you don't mind having the DD-WRT perform NAT for you. That's the wireless "client" mode of DD-WRT. You'll also then have to enable NAT and DHCP-server on the DD-WRT, but it should all work fine. The airport will see only a single MAC (from DD-WRT), and everyone will still see the internet just fine.

Clients behind DD-WRT will be able to establish connections to clients on the rest of your LAN, but the reverse will not be true -- unless you also set up port forwarding etc.. on the DD-WRT.

EDIT: or perhaps it could all work fine the way you had it, if you just enable DHCP service on DD-WRT. Not sure if it allows that in "client bridge" mode, though.

Cheers

Edited by mlord (12/01/2008 21:16)