Another test. This time I let the swirly thing swirl for 45 minutes.

edit: It worked. WTF?

My usual upload speed is somewhere in the vicinity of, oh, about one megabyte per minute, maybe faster than that. That's about how long it takes me to send an email with a one megabyte attachment. So why would uploading to the bbs be more than 150 times slower?

Anyway, attached is my very professional empeg installation. The strap is a piece of mountain bike innertube, and a cassette adapter feeds the audio into the OEM stereo system. Note that I went first class with the power adapter -- not only does it plug tightly into the cigarette lighter, but it has its own on-off switch!

Little Blue Thing, I know you're proud of your remote display adapter in your Jaguar, and I hope you don't become too despondent about the pitiful inadequacies of your own installation after seeing what a true professional can do. Maybe with a few more years experience you may be able to approach (but certainly not surpass) the magnificence of my efforts.

Seriously, though -- this is a $700 temporary car, and I was pleased to be able to somehow get my empeg in it at all, and for a total installation cost (including the piece of innertube!) of about $20. (I already had the cassette adapter on hand.)

tanstaafl.

Attachments
empeg.jpg (694 downloads)

Edited by tanstaafl. (12/04/2008 04:28)