Quote:
through email, do you mean, from a local email client such as Outlook or Thunderbird, or do you mean from a web-based email service such as Yahoo or Gmail?

It would be an interesting test to try something like that: find some kind of a site that also accepts file uploads through a web form like this BBS does, and see if you run into the same problem. Then we could be sure the problem was with all web form uploads.

Good idea for a test. I was using a local client via the Vista mail program.

Tonight I'll try sending the picture to myself using GMAIL to send it, and my Vista Mail program to receive it and see what happens.

Well, maybe tomorrow night. I've got people coming to look at the house tonight, and we had six inches of fresh snow this morning and I have to shovel the driveway and the deck before they get there. Let's see... 300 foot driveway by 8 feet wide, six inches deep, that's 1200 cubic feet; plus the parking area which is about 40 x 50 for another 1000 cubic feet; figure specific gravity of .16 for fresh snow, that means it would weigh 62.5 x .16 = 10 pounds per cubic foot. So, that's going to be 10 x 2200 = 22,000 pounds of snow. Ooops, forgot the deck. Add another 1000 pounds for that. Oh, heck, that's only 11.5 tons of snow I have to move, and I sold my snowplow truck a year ago thinking I would be in Mexico by now.

For the folks who do not live in snow country... don't be too concerned by this sisyphean task (it's getting harder and harder to find words that nobody has used before on this bbs! smile ). I won't actually be shoveling this snow, that is, lifting it with a shovel and throwing it somewhere else. I'll be using a snow scoop and the whole job will take about two to three hours of pretty aerobic work.

Sigh...

tanstaafl.