Originally Posted By: HideawayStudio
I think the issue may be that the OS is either too early or too broken to pick these updates up. The OS doesn't look anything like a consumer Rio Central.

OK, if it's really old -- old enough that holding down Menu doesn't work -- then you need to upgrade it as if it was a car-player. If your Jupiter prototype is that old, it'll have a serial port. If you're not familiar with upgrading car-players over a serial port, here it is in lavish detail. You need the same EmpegUpgrade.exe program mentioned in that guide, but instead of downloading car2-whatever.upgrade from the website, you should take the file "upgrade_file" from the root of your CD, rename it "jupiter.upgrade", and use that.

The Emplode installer on the actual Jupiter CD doesn't include EmpegUpgrade.exe. You need the car-player Emplode to get that.

At least, I hope that'll work. I can't remember if we had to change anything in EmpegUpgrade.exe, relative to the car-player one, to get Jupiters to work. If we did, that changed version won't be available anywhere. Personally I have my fingers crossed that the holding-down-Menu thing works.

Peter