I had nothing to do this afternoon so I popped to my nearest Apple store and picked up an upgrade copy. They didn't have any of the box sets with iLife and iWork left. After confirming the computer would boot off the DVD I went ahead and upgraded the existing installation.

My first impression is that it seems much snappier and more responsive than Leopard. My late-2006 MBP still has some mileage in it, it seems.

Only two problems at the moment, the version of the Cisco VPN client I have no longer works, so currently I can't try the Exchange support with the servers at work. Also, it whinged about some old HSDPA express card drivers I installed ages ago to test a new 3G card at work and don't even have any more.

The only minor peeves I have is my Quicktime Pro key only being valid for 7.x so I have to fork out for an 10.x key and that I had to pay to upgrade my Parallels.

I'm not sure about the whole 1000 vs 1024 thing, not sure if I even care. Everyone seems to have more storage than god nowadays anyway. I keep almost everything on my ReadyNAS.

I am thinking about getting an SSD in the next couple of months so I'll probably do a fresh install and grab the new iLife 09 at the same time.

Andy M