Originally Posted By: andym
There doesn't appear to be much in the way of export options in the new player.

Quicktime 7 is available as a separate install and appears to have all the same export options under Snow Leopard that it did before. I'm guessing Apple is doing the same thing they did with iMovie. When 08 came out, they still offered 06 for a while for free. I'm betting by 10.7, they manage to get everything back into the new app somehow. My upgrade tucked it away into Utilities as "Quicktime Player 7", and apparently it will only do this if it sees a Pro key prior to upgrade. Otherwise, it can be installed later by using the Optional Installer app on the SL DVD.

Originally Posted By: wfaulk
Oh, and I don't know how to disable Spotlight any more.

I don't think I could work on a Mac without Spotlight once 10.5 improved it. I use it as an app launcher now, along with finding documents all the time. Never noticed any overhead hit with it to justify disabling it.

Originally Posted By: wfaulk
That said, my biggest irritation so far has been that for a piece of software that could have been downloaded.

As for the download aspect, an OS is one of the few things I definitely want on a physical medium of some sort. Going to a store and grabbing a disc seems easier then going to a store to grab a blank dual layer DVD to then burn the software to. Plus if my hard drive blows up, having the DVD to boot off of is nice.